Get glowing skin for prom! Here's how...
1. One month before the big day start drinking lots of water with lemon. Lemons are rich in Vitamin C and citric acid, so they can help brighten and lighten your skin. Also, water is good for hydrating.
2. Purchase a great facial scrub. Mario Badescu Botanical Exfoliating Scrub is enriched with antioxidants such as Ginger, ginkgo, and green tea. The Ecuadorian Ivory Palm provides gentle exfoliation of dead skin cells. Remember skin cell turnover takes three to four weeks for teens!
3. Use a mask 2-3 times a week and you won't be sorry! Mario Badescu Enzyme Revitalizing Mask revitalizes your complexion with vitamins and minerals. The Exfoliating Papaya Extract draws out impurities that cause dull skin.
4. Your morning routine should always involve rinsing your face with cold water and applying a moisturizer with a sunscreen. Mario Badescu Aloe Moisturizer with SPF 15 is great hydration for the face while protecting it from the harmful UVA/UVB rays.
5. Use an eye cream morning and night. Mario Badescu Chamomile Eye Cream hydrates the eye area to help the skin look brighter.
6. For that pimple that pops up last minute.....zap it with Mario Badescu Drying Lotion! It draws out the impurities overnight and you never wake up with a white head.
7. For all you girl athletes out there who have trouble with break outs on your body from hard workouts and sweating, don’t worry there's a solution to this problem! Mario Badescu Special Cleansing Lotion “O” controls and prevents breakouts on the back and chest. Use after you shower or in the locker room after a workout.
8. Everyone wants to be tan for prom, and that’s okay, just do it the safe way. There are so many wonderful self tanners to help you get that glow. You should avoid tanning beds as they make your skin very dry and your makeup will not look radiant.
9. Also, try to avoid getting a sunburn! It is impossible to cover peeling, blotchy skin with makeup and have it look natural. Remember, you can always add bronzer to the face or body, but you can’t stop skin from peeling!
10. Most important: The artists at Blush Makeup Studio are here to help you get ready! Visit our studio for makeup application, lash extensions, and more!